Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Texas

I do love the great state of Texas - my folks are from there, it made for a great Michener novel. When I took DH there for the first time recently, he liked it so much that he asked why we don't live there. I think it was the bbq'd ribs and Shiner Bock speaking, but he liked it immediately.

My explanation was something like remember George Bush? He's from here, and they (well a lot of them) still like him here. But a few other things could have been mentioned as well:

  • Sex education is so badly done in Texas that it would be funny if it wasn't also so bloody tragic.
  • To add insult to injury, the Texas Board of Education is considering challenging evolution in the science curriculum. It's called science people. You have a whole separate class for religion.
Crikey. Nice place. Not sure what they're on about though.

No comments: